Friday, February 11, 2011

The Things I Love...

In honor of Valentine’s Day, I have decided to talk about all the things I love.  This list does not include the obvious (friends, family, my dog etc.), it’s more about the more material, tangible things in life.

*Lindt peanut butter truffles!  Have you ever had one of these?  I mean I like most Lindt truffle flavors (except anything involving white chocolate- ick) but the peanut ones are A-Mazing!

*My new Droid Incredible phone!  I have rarely had a piece of technology that impacted my life more.  I never knew what I was missing before I had a “smart” phone.  I am amazed every day when I manage to complete tasks while waiting for an appointment instead of having to wait to get home to my laptop.  I won’t ever go back.

*Wii Active 2 from EA Sports!  This is really more of a love/hate relationship to be honest.  I love that I know I am getting a thorough workout without having to leave the comfort of my own home.  I love that I have been successful in staying on a workout schedule longer than I ever would have if I had to go to a gym.  There are times that I hate my “trainer” though, but at least I know she’s kicking my butt into shape… even if I do occasionally curse at “her”.

*Givenchy Photo Perfexion Foundation!  I got a free sample of this when I bought my Givenchy perfume (which I also love) and I swear, it is the most phenomenal makeup I have ever used.  It really does exactly what it claims to do, it makes you photo perfect, like you were airbrushed in real life.  I just ordered a full size bottle, and while it is a tad pricey, I know it’s worth it.  I don’t wear makeup on a daily basis, but I will wear this!  I also ordered mascara from them, so hopefully I will love that too!

*Reef flip flops!  I live in flip flops in the spring, summer, and fall (pretty much anytime the temperature gets above 50) so having sturdy, dependable, attractive flip flops is always a positive in my book.  These are a bit pricier than the rubber ones from Old Navy (which I also own several pairs of), but they last.

*Zappos.com!  The first time we ordered from Zappos, we didn’t pay attention to the shipping.  So when we ordered at 5 pm and the shoes showed up at 2 pm the next day, we were stunned.  We joked that the people running the site must live in our neighborhood.  We figured there was no way they could always be this quick.  But they are.  Next day shipping is FREE!!!  As a matter of fact, if you want it to be slower, it will cost you.  It’s awesome knowing in a pinch you can get things in under 48 hours (during the week).

*Target!  Target is my happy place.  My son and I can wander for hours just looking.  I almost always find exactly what I need there.  Plus I seem to live in the Mecca of Targets, I can personally name 6 different locations within 30 minutes of my house. 

*Twitter!  I don’t do a great job of keeping up during the day, but every night before I go to bed I go back through the day and it’s neat to see what everyone was up to for the day.   Every once in a while I learn new facts too!

*Facebook!  This is going to sound bad, but I love that Facebook helps me keep up on the lives of people I otherwise probably wouldn’t still be friends with.  We all have those FB friends that you knew in middle or high school, but the friendship wasn’t ever important enough to either of you to carry it on.  Now with Facebook you can reconnect!  I have even heard of people “re-meeting” and falling in love!  Where would we be without social media???

*Vacations!  There is nothing that puts a smile on my face as quickly as going on vacation.  Or planning a vacation.  Or packing for vacation.  And if it's a Disney vacation, double it!

No comments:

Post a Comment