Sunday, February 20, 2011

So chicken nuggets aren't diet?

We are almost through February and I am officially 4 weeks into my "workout" situation.  My workplace is holding a company wide competition with a monetary prize.  Basically the top 3 people at each of our top 3 properties will win money.  (Our property is currently in 10th place)  I signed up and paid my $10 fee so that every Sunday afternoon I walk over to the office and get weighed in.  The first weigh in was obviously depressing, but I lost weight the next 3 weigh ins!  At 3 weeks, I was averaging 3 pounds a week which was my target goal. 

This week, I went a bit crazy.  I stayed within my points range, but did indulge in chicken nuggets on 2 occasions, and some Chinese take out.  And there may have been an occasional cookie consumed as well.  Naturally, I didn't lose any weight this week, even though I could swear I feet skinnier.  This just goes to show that even if you starve yourself most of the time, you still can't eat whatever you want.  I didn't really gain any weight either, (well, I think I gained .2 of a pound) so no real damage done, and I learned a valuable lesson.  This does put me a week behind in  my goal, and with my friends wedding looming ever closer, I really have to get back on track this week.  Which might be difficult with a ladies night planned at a yummy Mexican restaurant, but I will just have to be strong!

For those of you who are wondering what "plan" I'm using, I am loosely following the new Weight Watchers points plus program, accompanied by a workout program on my Wii Active 2.  I work out 4 days a week, about 30 minutes a day, and let me tell you, that Wii trainer of mine is harsh!!  Seriously though, it's a good workout and routinely kicks my butt, while still leaving me with a sense of accomplishment for the day.  The other upside to this program is that it utilizes the bit of OCD I have, forcing me to workout on my scheduled days, or else guilt sets in.  For example, I skipped my first workout of the week in lieu of spending a few hours walkign around the zoo and chasing after my 2 year old.  Even though I know I probably burned as many calories as I would have with the Wii, there is a nagging feeling that let's me know that before my 9 week program is up, I'll be making up that workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment